Blue cheese is a creamy ivory color with blue and gray veins. The tangy and earthy flavor comes from the blue molds in cheese. Blue is firm, but also crumbly in texture. Blue cheese is increasingly becoming more popular in the culinary world and its uses are expanding as well.
Enjoy Blue cheese with grilled sandwiches or hamburgers, soups, sauces, salads, salad dressings, dips and dough. Blue cheese pairs well with heavier red wine, Port, Late Harvest Riesling, pears, apples and walnuts.
The origin of Blue cheese is unclear. Historians suggest that mold form the Penicillium family was accidently transferred from bread to a nearby piece of cheese. The harmless mold found perfect conditions to grow in the caves of the region.
- Please provide a physical address; UPS doesn't ship to post office boxes
- Orders are shipped one day per week. This leads to longer wait times
- All orders will deliver 5 to 9 business days after order is picked up from factory
- Please note any requested shipping/delivery dates
- Prices are subject to change without notice
- Please double check your order information
- We are not responsible for late or non-delivery due to incomplete or incorrect addresses, or for spoilage due to any delays during transit
- We reserve the right to substitute if necessary
- Additional shipping charges may apply
- USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail available. Please call with your order
- We ship anywhere in the Continental United States