Farmer’s cheese is solid and dry. It is a semi-soft cheese and has a mild, milky buttery flavor. The flavor is very similar to Mozzarella cheese. The main difference between Farmer’s and Mozzarella is that with Farmer’s, Lynn Dairy uses nonfat, dry milk.
Farmer’s cheese is often used for fillings in blintzes, pierogi and other foods. Sometimes it is rolled in a mixture of herbs and flavorings or wrapped in very this slices of flavorful smoked meats. It can be used as a spread on bread.
Farmer’s cheese originated on farms throughout the world as a way to use milk left over after skimming the cream for butter. Two main styles evolved, a fresh cheese similar to cottage cheese and a semi-soft version cured for a short time, which is what Lynn Dairy has.
- Please provide a physical address; UPS doesn't ship to post office boxes
- All orders will deliver 5 to 9 business days after order is received
- Please note any requested shipping/delivery dates
- Prices are subject to change without notice
- Please double check your order information
- We are not responsible for late or non-delivery due to incomplete or incorrect addresses, or for spoilage due to any delays during transit
- We reserve the right to substitute if necessary
- Additional shipping charges may apply
- USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail available. Please call with your order
- We ship anywhere in the Continental United States