Limburger has a brownish surface and an ivory interior. The texture is smooth, creamy and semi-soft. It has an earthy, pungent flavor and the intensity increases with age.
Limburger cheese is good on sandwiches, crackers and pizza. It pairs well with whole-grain and dark breads. Also, crackers, pretzels, onions and beer.
Limburger was first introduced in Belgium. In the 1920's it became very popular and was always washed down with a cold beer.Today, a single plant in Monroe, Wisconsin produces all the surface-ripened Limburger made in the United States.
- Please provide a physical address; UPS doesn't ship to post office boxes
- Orders are shipped one day per week. This leads to longer wait times
- All orders will deliver 5 to 9 business days after order is picked up from factory
- Please note any requested shipping/delivery dates
- Prices are subject to change without notice
- Please double check your order information
- We are not responsible for late or non-delivery due to incomplete or incorrect addresses, or for spoilage due to any delays during transit
- We reserve the right to substitute if necessary
- Additional shipping charges may apply
- USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail available. Please call with your order
- We ship anywhere in the Continental United States